Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catchin' Up on Real Life


Custom Order Bears
Summer is officially here for me. Hooooray!

A lot has been going on in my world. The end of the semester meant it was time for the most important portfolio review of the Communication Design degree - midpoint. We had to gather all of our work from Typography, Computers in Art, Graphic Design, and Color Rendering, make sure it was neatly mounted and organized, and bring it to be judged. Only about 35 designers made the cut. Thank goodness, I was one of them.

Now that I'm done freaking out and stressing about THAT, I've been catching up on real life. You know, oil changes... laundry.. all the stuff that gets pushed aside when life gets hectic. I've also been doing some freelance identity and web design work to keep the creative juices flowing.

I haven't had much time to sew any new Fuzzy Muffins outside of the 4 custom orders I received recently, but I'm hoping that I can get right back on the machine in late June after... wait for it... I get back from road-tripping to New York! I'm super stoked about this trip. Just so you guys know, I've never traveled anywhere. Tennessee and Georgia are pretty much the only two states I've seen outside of Texas, and I've never even BEEN to an airport, much less flown. Come June 1st, though, I'll be road-tripping with my boyfriend Brad and our friend Charlie all the way up to Syracuse, NY for a week, coming back home, and then packing right back up to head to a beach condo in Florida. It's going to be GLORIOUS.

I'll definitely be bringing plenty of yarn and needles to keep myself entertained on the road. I keep imagining me filling the back seat with crocheted birds, haha.

Anyway, I'm thinking after this trip, life will start settling down a bit. I have two possible jobs lined up along with some more freelance design. Life will probably be calm for a month or so. Right? Unless I do that craft show in Dallas in October... ;)


Koala!


No comments: